Let’s face it, it wouldn’t be movie night without snacks.
Whether you’re spending time with your family, friends or spending quality alone time with Netflix, no feature is complete without your favorite munchies...
We’ve created this list of our top movie night snacks that pair well with any type of film. We’ve made sure to mention all of your classic faves, and ours too!
Did we miss anything? If you have a favorite movie night snack that isn’t mentioned, please let us know in the comments below.
1. Caramel Popcorn MOVIE SNACK
Image Source: Two Sisters
Caramel popcorn is one of those no-fuss snacks that everyone loves for its rich, crunchy, caramel-coated layers. You can buy it already prepared from brands like Cracker Jack, or make it from scratch.
It’s prepared simply using a microwave.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 bags of microwavable popcorn
- Place brown sugar and butter inside a microwavable dish and heat till melted.
- Add marshmallows while stirring and heating until the the sauce turns into a buttery consistency.
- Pour sauce over your popped popcorn then toss gently to coat. This entire recipe inclusive of firstly air popping those popcorns can take less than ten minutes.
2. Salsa and Chips MOVIE SNACK
Salsa and chips makes another great pairing for movie night.
Here is a recipe that will take about 20 minutes to prepare.
- Tortilla chips
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno
- Black freshly ground pepper
- A ¼ cup of fresh coriander that is chopped
- Kosher salt, or sea salt
- Fry tortilla chips with vegetable oil and salt until lightly toasted.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large pot that is heavily bottomed up to 2 inches depth and heat the pot till the oil reaches a temperature of about 360° F.
- Add the tortilla chips.
- Raise heat to maximum and fry the tortilla chips by dipping them in batches.
- You should turn them using a slotted spoon or a skimmer for about two minutes till they are golden brown.
- Transfer the fried tortilla chips into a pan that is lined with a paper towel so they can drain.
- Let tortillas cool before seasoning them with salt.
- Combine the onion, coriander, tomatoes and jalapeno in a bowl, and season with pepper and salt.
- Serve with the fried tortilla chips.
3. Zucchini Sticks that are Oven Fried MOVIE SNACK
Image Source: Genius Kitchen
These crunchy zucchini fries are perfect fun snacks for a movie night.
In order to prepare the oven zucchini fries you will need the following ingredients:
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of flour
- A teaspoon of smoked paprika
- A ¼ cup of fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Cooking spray
- Black fresh ground pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 sliced zucchini
Reheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Put flour into the pie plate then whisk some pepper and salt.
Beat eggs together in a separate dish.
Also in a separate dish, mix the smoked paprika, parmesan and panko together then add a pinch of pepper and salt.
Dip your sliced zucchini in flour and then in the beaten eggs and finally through the mixture of breadcrumb.
Then place it on the sheet tray that is sprayed with the non-sticking spray.
You should then bake the zucchini for about ten minutes, then flip it and continue to cook for another ten minutes until it is crisp and golden.
4. Spiced Olive Rosemary Cashews MOVIE SNACK
Image Source: Rosemary Roasted Cashews
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ quarter cup of sugar
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- ⅓ cup of olives cured in oil
- Kosher salt
- Four cups of raw cashews
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven up to 300 degree F.
- Grease the baking sheet using some oil.
- Heat sprigs of rosemary in microwave for 2 minutes until it completely dries.
- Remove needles of rosemary from sprigs and crush them in a mortar using a pestle till it forms a powder.
- In a separate dish, microwave the olives until they are dried and crush them till they produce some oily paste.
- Combine sugar, water, salt and cayenne in a saucepan. Heat this mixture till sugar completely dissolves.
- Put in the cashews and continue cooking and stirring till the syrup covers the cashews and water has nearly cooked off.
- Spread the coated cashews on the baking sheet then bake them till they are all lightly toasted.
- Wait for them to cool off while stirring them so that they don’t stick.
- Then add the oil paste, stir and let them coat the nuts.
- Add the four teaspoons of rosemary then stir so that they can coat the nuts and serve them.
5. Potato Chips That Are Covered with Chocolate MOVIE SNACK
Image Source: AllRecipes
- 12 ounces/ 1 bag of chocolate (vegan) chips. Milk or dark chocolate.
- 30 salted (or unsalted) potato chips.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat utilizing the double boiler till it is smooth.
- Dip a potato chip one by one into the melted chocolate.
- Put the potato chip onto a wax paper and repeat this process with all the other potato chips.
- Wait for the chocolate to harden before serving them.
- Your potato chips covered with the hardened chocolate snacks are now ready for you to enjoy while you watch the movie.
There you have it.
Our list for of the top best movie night snacks. These delicious treats will have you coming back for more every time.
Want to see what else we're up to?
Need some more ideas for healthy lunches for work? Check out these other articles: