Forget spending boat loads of money on eating out during lunch, and avoid the hassle of trying to find something when you’re working. Take a look at our list of easy healthy lunch and snack recipes that are perfect to bring to work!
1. Caprese Pita Pizza
- 1 whole wheat pita
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices of tomato
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Top pita with marinara sauce, mozzarella, tomato, salt and pepper
- Pop in the oven till cheese melts, approx 15 mins
- Serve with fresh basil and balsamic reduction
2. Healthy Instant Noodles
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mushroom
- ¼ carrot, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1 cup dry instant noodle
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 cup hot broth or water
- Fill 16oz mason jar with soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, mushrooms, carrots, spinach, noodles, and green onions
- Adjust seasonings to taste
- Store in fridge until ready to serve, can be stored in fridge up to 5 days.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour in hot water or broth.Stir well.
3. Vegan Avocado and Roasted Chickpea Toast
- 1 slice vegan bread, toasted
- ½ avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup roasted chickpeas (scroll down to recipe 4 for our roasted chickpea recipe!)
- Your favorite hot sauce to taste.
- Spread mashed avocado over toast, and top with roasted chickpeas then drizzle your favorite hot sauce!
4. Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 19oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spread chickpeas to an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, chili powder, dried thyme leaves, and salt.
- Transfer baked chickpeas into the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Spread the seasoned chickpeas back onto the baking sheet and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Cilantro-Lime Chicken and Rice Bowl
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup your choice of roasted vegetables
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 wedge lime
- Place brown rice, shredded chicken, roasted vegetables, pico de gallo, yogurt or sour cream, in a bowl or resealable container.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedge
Healthy Lunch & Snack Recipes
Want to learn more healthy recipes for work?
Check out these other articles;